After the house was renovated, many people were not sure about the time to move in. I worried that if the house was moved too early, the air quality of the house would be bad, and it would affect the body. How long does the decoration usually last? Many people are finished in the house. After that, I moved in and went to check in, but what harm is there in the newly renovated house?
First, how long does the decoration usually stay?
Pregnant women check-in time: pregnant women are best not to move into a newly renovated home, try to choose to stay at night, especially in the pre-pregnancy period, because the first 3 months of pregnancy is the most unstable stage of the fetus. If you inhale harmful toxic substances (formaldehyde, benzene) at this stage, it will directly harm the fetus. So at least half a year later, consider staying. If the reality allows, the sooner the better.
Infant check-in time: The family with the baby and the family of the pregnant woman are in the same situation. It takes at least 6 months to live in the new house because the baby's respiratory system is very fragile. Living in a new house too early may cause respiratory illness, and you can move to a new home after half a year of renovation.
2. What harm is there in the newly renovated house?
Many of the materials used for decoration contain a lot of formaldehyde. For example, paint and plywood are included. 'The effects of formaldehyde on human health are mainly manifested in olfactory abnormalities, irritation, allergies, abnormal lung function, abnormal liver function and abnormal immune function. When the concentration reaches 0.06-0.07 mg/m3 per cubic meter of air, mild asthma occurs in children. When the formaldehyde content in the indoor air is 0.1mg/m3, there is odor and discomfort; when it reaches 0.5mg/m3, it can irritate the eyes and cause tearing; reaching 0.6mg/m3, it can cause throat discomfort or pain. When the concentration is higher, it can cause nausea and vomiting, cough and chest tightness, wheezing and even pulmonary edema; when it reaches 30mg/m3, it will affect people's life.